Apr 8, 2021


Dancing Queen - 50x70 cms. - Mixed Media on stretched canvas 

Inspired by last year’s national lockdown, This painting captures shared feelings of wanting to burst out of our containments. The warmth of the solo dancer’s spanish skirt bursts forth from the dark frame tightly holding her space. I love dancing, and during those many weeks, it was the one regular activity I missed the most. Like many people living alone, I let loose in my living room, while I yearned to be reunited with friends and family, and allowed to dance on the dance floor, once again.

Working from my home studio, Love Wants to Dance has been painted with acrylics and water-based oils, and like most of my pieces, it features lettering hidden within the image. 
$1400 Unframed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Gallery Sommerville. It's always lovely to hear from readers. Barbara